In order to curb the bad practices such as ragging on the roulette live mobile campus and in its affiliated colleges, the roulette live mobile authorities are committed to strictly take serious actions on the matter as supported by the law and follow UGC Regulation on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions, 2009 as well as Goa Prohibition of Ragging Act, 2008 and the amendments carried out thereafter.
All concerned must know what constitutes 'ragging'. Any or in multiples of the following acts constitutes ragging:
- Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
- Indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student.
- Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student.
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher.
- Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person;
- Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student.
- Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher.
Following functionaries are in place with defined responsibilities:
- Ensure the compliance of provisions pertaining to UGC Regulations on curbing the menace of Ragging as well as the provision of the Goa Prohibition of Ragging Act 2008 (and amendments)
- Monitor, oversee and guide the anti-ragging squad
- Nodal Officer: All the Goa Unviersity campus students are requested to lodge complaint against ragging, if any, to the Nodal Officer. The correspondence address and contact details of the Nodal Officer are as under:
Dr. Kanchanmala B. Deshpande
Assistant Professor, School of Chemical Sciences,
roulette live mobile, Taleigao Plateau, Goa.
Office Phone: +91-7030966123, Mob.: +91-9421243344,
Email: [email protected]
- Make surprise raids on hostels, other hot-spots to inspect places of potential ragging on the campus
- Conduct an on-the-spot enquiry* into any incident of ragging referred by any person and submit an enquiry report along with recommendations to the Anti-Ragging Committee for action under clause (a) 9.1 of UGC
Regulations on curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions, 2009 and other relevant Rules/State Acts in force.
* by observing a fair and transparent procedure and the principles of natural justice by giving adequate opportunity to all
those involved and witnesses besides varify facts, documents and views and such other relevant information as required.
Co-ordinate with the affiliated Colleges and institutions to curb the menace of ragging
- Invite reports from the heads of the educational institutions in regard to the activities of the functionaries at their end,
- Conduct orientation programmes, counselling sessions, the incidents of ragging, the problems faced by the wardens or other officials.
- Keep abreast of the decisions of the District level Anti Ragging Committee.
- Review the efforts made by the institutions to publicize anti-ragging measures, soliciting undertakings from parents and students for each academic year to abstain from ragging activities or willingness to be penalized for violations
- Function as the prime mover for initiating action on the part of the appropriate authorities of the roulette live mobile for amending its Statutes or Ordinances or Bye-laws as the case may be and to facilitate the implementation of Anti-Ragging measures at the level of the institutions
- Send the status reports periodically to the state level monitoring cell at the frequencies laid down with the support on logistics and smooth functioning from the Directorate of Students Welfare.
As a part of UGC’s initiative towards reduction compliance burden of its stakeholders, UGC has revised the procedure for students to file online Anti Ragging Affidavit. The revised procedure is as follows:
Step 1: A student will submit his/her details on the same website ( and ) as before; read and confirm that he/she and his/her parents/Guardians have read and understood the AICTE regulations on curding the menace of ragging. He/She will confirm & agree that he/she will not engage in ragging in any form. (Step is the same like before)
Step 2: The students will receive an e-mail with his/her registration number and a web link. The student will forward the link to the e-mail of the Nodal in his/her roulette live mobile/College. (Please note the student will not receive pdf affidavits and he/she is not required to print & sign it as used to be case earlier)
Step 3: The Nodal Officer in the roulette live mobile/College can click on the link of any forwarded e-mails that he/she will receive from any student of his/her college to get the list of those students who have submitted Anti Ragging Affidavits/Undertaking in his/her college. The list will be updated every 24 hours.
It may be noted that it is compulsory for each student and his/her parent/Guardian to submit an online undertaking each academic year of the two designated websites, namely, and .
Anti-Ragging website at national level
You can call any time on 1800 180 5522. It is a free phone. You can also send an E mail on [email protected].
Contact details of the person from the roulette live mobile
Director of Students Welfare, Phone: +91-8669609043, Email: [email protected]